воскресенье, 5 мая 2013 г.

Rendering 11


Hugh Laurie: 'There's a sensual pleasure involved in making music that I just can't get from acting'.
The title of the article is Hugh Laurie: 'There's a sensual pleasure involved in making music that I just can't get from acting'.
 The article was printed by Alexis Petridis. The article is dated the 5 th of May 2013. The main idea of the article to inform about that his role in House made him the highest-paid actor ever in a TV drama, but with a new album out this week Laurie is keen to follow his real love and About an hour into my encounter with Hugh Laurie, in a suite at the Dorchester in London, he starts protesting at length about how boring his answers to my questions are. He had been talking – rather interestingly – about his theory that television, rather than film, was the medium through which the US "not just projects its image of itself to the world, but actually decides what its image is. It's America's way of conversing with itself about what it believes to be important."
He has just finished telling me that he doesn't think British TV is as interested in expressing grand ideas about identity and purpose – "I think that's a bit highfalutin for us" – when he suddenly brings himself up short. This is all so boring that he is boring himself, he says. He gestures towards the iPhone on which I'm recording the interview. "If I get any duller," he sighs, "I think your phone might actually go: 'Fuck it, I'm not recording this. Really this application is designed to record things of value. I mean, the assumption was you weren't just going to record a man scratching his arise. Because if that's what you're going to do, I'm quitting. Scramble. Escape."

2 комментария:

  1. The HEADLINE of the article is Hugh Laurie: 'There's a sensual pleasure involved in making music that I just can't get from acting'.
    The article was WRITTEN by Alexis Petridis. The article is dated May 5, 2013. The main AIM of the article IS to inform US about WHOSE? role in House WHICH made him the highest-paid actor ever in a TV drama, but with a new album out this week Laurie is keen to follow his real love and

    About an hour into my (REALLY?)encounter with Hugh Laurie, in a suite at the Dorchester in London, he starts protesting at length about how boring his answers to my questions (WOW)are.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Most of the piece is a re-post.
    You didn't even bother to paraphrase the most obvious things!

    ОтветитьУдалить